The vision of Farrell-Emmett Elementary School is to maintain high academic standards, thus equipping students with the necessary tools to become life-long learners, responsible citizens, and productive community members. The entire staff of John F. Farrell-Emmett Elementary School believes that all students, as individuals, are capable of learning and achieving at their maximum level of academic performance. Our mission is to produce informed, self-sufficient, responsible citizens, who are capable of working together to find solutions. We shall foster socially acceptable attitudes and behaviors in all students within our school.
• That learning is a lifelong experience and is a shared responsibility of the total community.
• A good school teaches children and young adults to become productive members of society.
• A good school provides for a safe and caring environment that allows maximum time for teaching and learning.
• A good education fosters the desire and ability to question and interpret the world. We value the lifelong critical spirit and skills that a good education fosters.
• Every child can and will succeed.
• All children deserve the opportunity to think, believe, and achieve.
• The school, home, and community must share responsibility for the needs and development of children while fostering an appreciation for individual differences and cultures.
Farrell-Emmett Elementary School had a green ranking on the State of Michigan's Accountability Scorecard. Our entire team of students, parents, and staff along with the community work very hard to create a positive learning environment where having fun learning is the priority. Farrell-Emmett Elementary School is very proud of our students' progress and scores when taking state assessments over the years. Our scores, along with Avoca Elementary School and Yale Elementary School, have placed the district at the top when compared with other school districts in St. Clair and surrounding counties. Farrell-Emmett Elementary School will continue to work very hard preparing our students with skills for the 21st Century. We will continue to explore new strategies and ideas to continue to deliver a high quality program to our students.